What I am going to share here is a method that I have used since the late 90’s- 1999 to be exact. It is what I still do up to this day. I hope you can find as much use for it in your life as I have found in mine. If you are interested in learning more about balancing your chakras for increased energy and success in your life you may contact me.
- Review related readings about the chakras so that you have a general idea of the functions, relations to the physical body etc… There are many resources online to help with this. Here are some articles from this website that you can use as well.
- Read through the guided steps below before beginning to get an idea of what you will be doing.
- Relax and release because there’s no wrong way to tap into your own energy.
What you need:
- Quiet place where you feel comfortable and safe.
- Release any expectations that you may have.
What the process looks like:
- Draw your attention to each of your chakras one by one
- Sit with the feelings and impressions that you receive
- Become aware of your own energy
Chakra Meditation Exercise:
Become aware of your root chakra. Fix your attention to this location and hold it for as long as you would like. Notice any sensations. Bring to your mind the color red and visually connect this color to the area of your root chakra. Visualize this joining and imagine your root chakra becoming filled with this color. Hold it for as long as you would like. When you are ready, move your attention to the sacral chakra and follow the same steps as you did for the root chakra only this time you will be visualizing a bright golden orange color. Continue to proceed through each of your chakras straight up to the crown chakra. Once you have completed this upward movement through each of your chakras then you will prepare to close out your session. I will give you 2 ways of doing this but as always your intuition on what needs to be done reigns supreme. In other words, let spirit move you and do what needs to be done. #1. You can follow the same pattern that you used to move from the root to the crown using color and visualization. Make sure to notice changes, feelings, vibrations as you do so. #2 Once you reach the crown, you can allow your intuition to guide you towards a particular chakra or you to notice your complete energy system at once.
Quick Guide to Your Chakras
Root. Base of spine. Safety, grounding principle
Sacral. Lower stomach, genitals. Self-confidence
Solar. Above the navel, stomach area. Power to do.
Heart. Heart, chest. Balance between self & others, transformation, love.>
Throat. Throat, thyroid. Communication, trust.
Third Eye. Forehead between the two eyes. Wisdom, intuition.
Crown. Top of head. Knowing, fulfillment.
- Guest Post: An Introduction to Energy Healing and the Chakras (brendamarroyauthor.com)